Friday, December 21, 2012

Between you and me....Lincoln!

Great movie. Daniel Day Lewis as Abraham Lincoln was superb, but I thought Tommy Lee Jones stole the movie with his performance of Thaddeus Stevens, a powerful member of the House of Representatives. The way he took down other members of the House with his wit was hysterical. There was also several scenes with Day Lewis that were very emotional and powerful. The part where he talks to his wife about how much he was affected by the death of one of their sons was amazing. Some people might think of the historical Abraham Lincoln as this stoic person. But from what I read he went through enormous personal tragedy. I'm sure he put up brave front, but who knows how much turmoil and sadness was in him. I thought that he was portrayed brillantly in the film. Joseph Gordon Levitt played his son Robert Todd. He had some really good scenes, but was not in it too much. I thought Sally Field did a tremendous job as well playing Licolns wife. Usually I'm not too much into historical films, but this one was a pleasant surprise. I'm glad I watched it. What? Typhone?(Sorry the post seemed too serious, so I had to put a inside joke in)

No comments: