Tuesday, February 5, 2013

'Wheres my lotto ticket?!" I forgot Mama."

Mama was a pretty good old school horror flick. It's about two girls who are found by their uncle after they had been stranded in a cabin for a long time after their dad kills their mother. They were taken care of by a ghost who becomes very protective of them even after they leave the cabin. The girls are really wild and unkempt when they are discovered. But the uncle and his girlfriend try to give them a home. Jessica Chastain was good as the girlfriend. So was Nikolaj Coster Waldu playing dual roles as the father and uncle. The ghost was pretty cool and scary looking. Visually the film looked stunning. The dream sequences were well done. This was a way much better horror film than Sinister. I mean how serious can you take a film when the entity was named Baghul? Baghuuuuullllllll! Anyways it was good to see a film like this make it to the top of the box office. I had my doubts that I would like it, but it was good. Like a freight train! Cause thats what happens when you don't hail to the chimp. Heh,heh,heh.

No comments: