Saturday, June 7, 2008

Tea, soda, and Larvae?

Well about a week or so ago I had some time off and just basically relaxed and ate some interesting things. I went to an Asian supermarket where I bought several different types of tea, including Pu-erh which is suppose to be one of the highest grades of tea in China, I also bought a type of Oolong tea, and something that was labeled Chinese restaurant tea. Apparently it is a blending of green tea, oolong tea, and black teas. They were all pretty good. Pu-erh had a earthy taste to it. It takes awhile getting used to. I also bought something that was called Frozen dade. I think it was basically some kind of insect larvae, maybe I will post a pic of it, and gross everyone out. I basically cooked it vegetable oil, and I have to admit, it was not that bad. I went to a place called Galco's which has hundreds of varieties of soda. I got a cucumber soda, and I just have to say Cucumber is NOT meant to drunken. Its funny I love eating it, but drinking it is a whole different story. I also tried a dandelion and burdock soda, again that left alot to be desired. However, I'm willing to try anything. I even tried Durian once, maybe my next post will be on how awful that fruit really is. But hey there are plenty who like it, so you never know what people's tastes are.

No comments: