Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Week 7

Here is the URL to my document: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfwjqxx6_0hhxm67dt
I found that it was pretty easy to set up an account, and it looked it was easy to use because of the way it was set up with tabs that showed how to insert pics, and links. Honestly I don't know if it is something I would use on a regular basis unless I had to type a letter or create a document from some group activity. I think it could be used to help people improve their typing skills. I think my favorite feature on Google Docs was the tab that was marked insert when you open up a new document, and then it gives you options like insert an image, link, or I saw you can even add a comment. I don't know what my least favorite feature was, I think maybe it was doing a spreadsheet. Maybe I just have to spend a little bit more time on it, to figure out how to do formulas, and things like that. I think the library could use Google Docs as another option for patrons who want to type documents that will be more user friendly. Sometimes patrons might have problems using Microsoft programs, so this could be another option.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, you have completed Week 7!

Providing patrons with options tends to be a good thing. Sometimes technology can be finicky and knowing we can offer patrons alternatives when they are having problems with Microsoft Word or a WP computer will help relieve stress on both sides. I am happy to learn you found Google Docs easy to use, you just might find a use for this Web 2.0 program in the future.

Remember, to be eligible for the fourth biweekly drawing, be sure and finish weeks 8 and 9 before 3/24.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you have qualified for the 3rd bi-weekly drawing. We will announce the winner the week of 3/10.