Friday, July 5, 2013

It's no Walker, Texas Walker but Lone Ranger will do...

I have to say I enjoyed watching the Lone Ranger. Critics lambasted(funny word there eh?) the film, but I thought it was fine. Maybe it was a bit too long. Buy hey,it had alot of action,humor, explosions, horses,masks, woman with a prosthetic leg shotgun(not kidding there jack)So I'm glad I went to watch it. Johnny Depp was superb as Tonto, and I think Arme Hammer did good as the Lone Ranger. His delivery was a bit hokey at times. I guess it was centered around Johnny Depp but I think enough attention was given to the Ranger. I had read a graphic novel that was published a few years ago, a retelling of sorts of the Lone Ranger, so I was curious to how it would be portrayed in modern day film The character has been around for a long time, so it was nice to see it reinvented and I believe this film did it right. Plus it was awesome to listen to the William Tell overture playing as the Lone Ranger and Tonto were chasing the bad guys. A delightful experience. Heh, heh delightful. Ah, I'm so funny.

No comments: