Thursday, October 18, 2012

What's so Sinister about it?

I have mixed feelings on the movie Sinister. Although I thought there were pretty good creepy scenes in it, I thought some of it was laughable. Its about an author who moves into a house with his family where a murder of a family occured. He discovers some film reels that show the murder and others as well. So he tries to figure out if this pagan deity named Baghul( I guess I spelled that right, but who cares) is behind these murders. I don't know, the name Baghul itself is pretty ridiculous. But to kind of sum it up, and not give anything away, there is a scene that my buddy who saw it gave the funniest line. "Way to fill those plot holes Baghul." Hahahaha. Ah, thats too funny. Also there was a scene where the author(played by Ethan Hawke) becomes unhinged, while arguing with his British wife, that was pretty ridiculous. "Enough!" (Thats the second time I've used the term "pretty ridiculous" I sense a pattern) Anyways the soundtrack was pretty cool, but watch it if you want to. That is all.

No comments: