Monday, May 4, 2009

Good Vaca

I went to a couple of cool markets during my restful period. I went to the marukai in West Covina. It has lots of cool stuff to eat. The seafood they had there was amazing. They had different types of sashimi,soups,candy drinks...Man, I was a kid in a candy store. I got a membership too. It's only $10 for a year. The prices were good, and it looks like they had daily specials on certain items. I also went to Seafood city in Eagle Rock. I finally had Balut!!!(which is basically a duck egg that has the nearly developed embryo in it) It was good. I don't think its for everyone but I always wanted to try it since I saw it on Bizarre foods. The market was at the bottom floor of a mall which I thought was funny. You can have some duck embryo on one floor and go up to Macy's to buy a bottle of cologne(which I did by the way. Two in fact) I stopped here after I went to Emir's Garden at Griffith Park. The garden is a real peaceful place. It is up a hill which you go up to through a fire trail. When you get up top, there are benches where you can sit and its really nice and tranquil. Ah, memories.

No comments: